Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lara is so tired...

...(it's one a.m.) that the letter arrangement on the keyboard seems like a worthwhile topic of discussion. Come on, who thinks this makes sense? Try showing it to a five year old and asking him to type his name...and be prepared to stay awhile! Could it be more counterituitive? Really? Could I have picked a more germane topic to throw out to the masses?

Oh Lord, now I'm going to get dozens of replies--my husband's first among them, no doubt, about the history of, the necessity for,the beauty of, whatever, whatever, whatever. Ha, I say! If my punch drunk fingers can't find the correct characters (you have no idea the sheer amount of damage control I'm having to do), then I say, the system is flawed! Ha! So there you have it, it's new, it's radical, it's edgy, it's out there (makes me think of "When Harry Met Sally), now you gotta deal with it!

Yeah. That is so me. Rebel, malcontent, social activist. All things everyone who knows me thinks of first. Right.

Ahh. I think I can sleep now, content that I have...um...elevated awareness about...um...keyboard arrangement. I suspect I'll regret this in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Your post may have put you to sleep, but it was a nice wake up read for me this morning. Thanks for the visit.

    Carol T

    ReplyDelete
  2. As predicted, Eli greeted me the next morning with some little factoids about how the keyboard was purposely jumbled in order to slow down typists who were typing faster than those new-fangled machines could handle. At least I think they were factoids, He could have made them up, for all I know!

    ReplyDelete