Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The deed is done. I am now post-gastric bypass. Very silly of me, I now realize, but somehow the prospect of pain never factored into my thinking. And God said, Ha!

Upside, I think I lost 5 pounds today (if the scale can be trusted, the earth's gravity didn't shift, etc.). I'm just so damn glad to be out of the hospital I can't even say. I will say, however, that waking up from anesthesia is one of my top five least favorite things to do, and I can't even think what the other four would be.

Because apparently those events just weren't momentous enough on their own, my baby, my boy, my sweet little guy, got his first loose tooth today, at the tender age of 5 1/2. Also not something that had factored into my thinking, at least not till the ripe old age of 6. God's LOL-ing at me right now. Colin is ecstatic, I'm teary whenever I think of it, and Hallie is green with jealousy--and certain that she'll wake up to a loose tooth of her own. One traumatic event at a time for Mommy, sweetheart...

No comments:

Post a Comment