Tuesday, June 22, 2010

This was originally one of those questions that was going around Facebook a while back....but I ended up pleasantly surprised with my list, and like to remind myself of a few of them, from time to time. So here are 25 random things. About me.


1. I have two really, really, really, cute kids. I'm not bragging...I'm just saying. Actual fact.

2. The first time I met my best friend, she looked at me across the table during PSAT testing, and asked to draw my lips. I graciously acceded to her request, and a marvelous friendship was born.

3. When I met my husband (10-ish years ago), some people thought he was probably an axe murderer, because the only people who tried dating over the internet were losers and psychos (except me?).

4. I think one of my son's jobs in my life is to help me understand my brother better.

5. My parents still live in the house I grew up in.

6. I didn't move out of that house until embarrassingly late in life.

7. I was on the ten-year college plan, but it took me twelve.

8. I have yet do anything with my degree...I sort of resent it because I accidentally got one geared for teaching, and I don't wanna teach!

9. My dream is, once the kids are in school, to go back myself and get an MFA in creative writing, which is what I chickened out of doing the first time around.

10. I'm a terrible housekeeper.

11. I can't quite get the words "stay-at-home mom" out of my mouth without sounding the teensiest bit defensive.

12. Conversely, I wouldn't trade this time with my kids while they are so little for anything or any job.

13. At one time, I had a voice teacher that pretty much guaranteed me he could make me a Broadway star. Um...what happened there?

14. One of my favorite things in life is being in rehearsal for a production...I almost wish they could go on indefinitely. Although the performance is pretty great, too.

15. Also on my to do list for when the kids are in school: get into community theater.

16. I suspect I have a somewhat inflated notion of how much time I will have to myself when the kids are in school.

17. I am extremely conflict-avoidant; Colin is also helping me with that by generating as much conflict as a four (now five) year old mind can dream up.

18. While I love to write, coming up with an ending is and has always been the bane of my existence...therefore, this list is suddenly getting very difficult.

19. I am the Queen of all Procrastinators. For example, right now I should be cleaning my house for company.

20. Dang, five more things? Um...I really love cats...or at least I do in theory...now that I have kids, I find that my capacity for having demands placed on me is pretty much exhausted before I get to the cat. So I guess this means I really should wait on getting a dog? Addendum: Cat died, got the dog...and the same phenomenon (not so shocking), is repeating itself. Poor dog.

21. I apparently am a Slayer of Goldfish.

22. I am currently completely obsessed with Dragon Wars, which, as my best friend pointed out, doesn't actually DO anything. She's right, and yet...oh, sorry, gotta go check on my gold! Addendum: Down with Dragon Wars, onto FrontierVille! Also does nothing, but I still gotta go check on my spread! There might be bears! Does this mean anything, like about escapism, an addictive personality...? Nah.

23. My husband is the love of my life, and I don't tell him that nearly enough.

24. I love living in California, and am always completely bewildered when my friends actually want to move away. Sorry guys, but I think you're a little mental!

25. When I had my first car, I was strongly resistant to the notion that any sort of maintenance was really necessary...and I still secretly hold out hope that a self-healing vehicle will hit the markets in my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment