Friday, April 22, 2011

Conversation with a (newly) 4 year old

Hallie: I decided I'm going to have six children when I grow up.

Me: Six?? Didn't you just tell me yesterday that you want two?

Hallie: Yes, I thought so, named Nayva and Colin Skeleton Dennis Ralston. But I think it would be more greater to have six.

Me: Why six?

Hallie: Because then when I'm gone they can just work around the house!

Me: Oh really?? Is that how that works? Well, I've got two children, do you think they could work around the house for me?

Hallie: (sigh) No Mommy, because there's only two of us, so we would get lonely. Six would be more better because they would keep each other company.

Me: (silent laughter)

Hallie: And I'm going to have teenagers. Six teenagers. (emphasis on the "ee"; i.e. teeeenagers)

Me: (interrupting) Wait, are they going to be born as teenagers, or born as babies and grow into teenagers?

Hallie: They're going to be born teenagers.

Me: Oh my...how's that going to work?

Hallie: Well, Jesus is just going to have to figure that out.

Me: (seriously confused, wondering if Jesus is now one of the teenagers) How is Jesus involved in this??

Hallie: (long-suffering sigh) Because that's who made me, Mommy...did you forget about that part?

1 comment: